Connected Curriculum overview
Our curriculum is designed (with our learners at the centre)
- to meet the needs of all learners- it is therefore based on assessment and needs to be flexible and involve the pupils in developing and evaluating the provision.
- to develop the learning competencies of our pupils- curiosity, thinking, learning, resilience, responsibility and independence
- to excite and engage and motivate pupils in learning
- to develop the key skills- investigate, analyse and synthesise, develop and create, evaluate and communicate-across all subjects
- to make meaningful connections between subject disciplines but recognising that some subjects will be taught discreetly at times
- to enable pupils to know more and remember more
- around the core oracy, literacy and mathematical skills
- to develop respect for each other, and the local and global world around them
- to understand the impact they can have on others and the local and global world around them
- to provide opportunities for the intellectual, physical, emotional, social, scientific, aesthetic and creative development of every learner.
The National Curriculum
“The national curriculum provides pupils with an introduction to the essential knowledge that they need to be educated citizens. It introduces pupils to the best that has been thought and said; and helps engender an appreciation of human creativity and achievement.
The national curriculum is just one element in the education of every child. There is time and space in the school day and in each week, term and year to range beyond the national curriculum specifications. The national curriculum provides an outline of core knowledge around which teachers can develop exciting and stimulating lessons to promote the development of pupils’ knowledge, understanding and skills as part of the wider school curriculum.”
The subjects taught are:
Languages- in KS2. Our chosen language is French
Art and Design
The National Curriculum will be covered through a thematic approach as your child moves
through the school- however for the first reception year your child will be taught according to the Early Years Statutory Framework.
See below to see what your child will experience whilst at our schools.
Falcons and Buzzards Year 1 and 2
Hawks and Eagles Year 1 and 2
The Flying Start Approach to.....
These documents explain how our schools approach and teach these subjects within our Connected Curriculum