The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
The Government is spending over £450 million on this funding over the 3 academic years 2013 to 2014, 2014 to 2015 and 2015 to 2016.
Schools must spend the funding to improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils, but they are free to choose the best way of using the money.
For example, we can use the funding to:
- hire specialist PE teachers
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions or increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools.
Below is our PE Sports Premium Spending Plan for this year and below that a review of last year's spending plan. To find out more about our sports provision visit out Sports Page